Make Lasting First Impressions
Dr. Lavi offers cosmetic dentistry to improve the appearance of your smile through the use of advanced dental procedures. A flawless smile gives you the ability to make lasting first impressions, which comes with many benefits.
A beautiful smile can give you the confidence you need to succeed which is why our team is here to offer you various cosmetic dental treatments. Learn what cosmetic dentistry is all about at our Studio City dental office.
Types of Cosmetic Procedures by Dr. Lavi
Cosmetic dentistry by Dr. Lavi can help cover your dental flaws by improving the shape, color, or size of your teeth. With our cosmetic treatments, you’ll feel more confident in your smile and oftentimes live with better oral health.
Depending on your imperfection, we may offer you one of our cosmetic dental options to enhance your smile. These include:
- Dental implants: A restorative and cosmetic procedure that replaces missing teeth. Dental implants are known as the longest-lasting, most natural-looking tooth replacement option available today.
- Dental crowns: Also known as a dental cap, crowns are used to restore and protect a tooth that’s been damaged, cracked, decayed, or that simply needs a cosmetic enhancement.
- Dental veneers: A thin colored shell that’s placed over the surface of your tooth to improve your smile’s overall appearance.
- Teeth whitening: A professional whitening treatment is used to brighten the color of your teeth and eliminate stains.
- Dental bonding: A cosmetic procedure that repairs a cracked or chipped tooth with composite resin to help enhance the health and beauty of your smile.
- Dental bridges: A dental bridge is a set of replacement teeth that are held in place by healthy surrounding teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry FAQs
Does insurance cover cosmetic dentistry?
Typically, dental insurance won’t cover cosmetic dentistry because it’s not a medical necessity. Most cosmetic procedures are meant to improve the appearance of a person’s smile, so dental insurance providers won’t always cover the costs.
In some cases, however, your dental insurance might cover a portion of your treatment if it’s needed to restore the health and function of your teeth. This can all be discussed with your insurance prior to moving forward with your procedure to ensure there aren’t any surprises throughout the process.
What services are included in cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry includes a variety of services that help repair dental imperfections and enhance the beauty of your smile. It focuses on improving the shape, size, and color of your teeth for a more desirable appearance.
Different procedures that are considered cosmetic include:
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Crowns & Bridges
- Inlays & Onlays
- Dental Implants
Can cosmetic dentistry fix crooked teeth?
Cosmetic dentistry can virtually correct crooked teeth, but it won’t physically straighten teeth. Dental bonding can be offered by Dr. Lavi to painlessly and quickly correct uneven or crooked teeth.
This treatment is ideal for closing gaps between teeth, reshaping them, or even correcting discolored teeth. If you’re in need of complete repositioning of your teeth, orthodontic treatment will be much more beneficial for you to do so.
How long does cosmetic dentistry last?
Cosmetic dental treatment’s lifespan will vary on the type of procedure it is and the material used for it. Most cosmetic procedures can last anywhere from five to 30 years, but oftentimes you’ll need minor adjustments or replacements throughout.
When you come in for your cosmetic dentistry consultation, Dr. Lavi can provide you with a more accurate estimate based on your specific needs. Feel free to give our office a call to get started today.