A Lasting, Natural-Looking Smile
Here, at Dr. Lavi’s office, we use dental implants to permanently replace damaged or missing teeth due to decay, disease, or dental trauma. They’re custom-made to match the look and feel of your natural teeth, allowing you to enjoy all of your favorite foods with ease.
Dental implants are secured directly to your jaw, so you don’t have to worry about them falling out or sliding around. Our natural-looking implants offer a number of benefits, such as:
- Allows you to speak clearly
- Restores your ability to chew easily
- Increases comfort and convenience
- Stimulates healthy jaw bone growth
- Improves your overall appearance
The Dental Implant Process
If you’re looking for a long-lasting way to restore your missing teeth, dental implants could be right for you. The implant process is completed right here, at our Studio City and downtown Los Angeles offices, in a few simple steps:
- Your journey begins with your initial consultation with Dr. Lavi. He’ll examine your oral health and discuss your treatment goals to determine a solution that’s best for you. If you’re a candidate for dental implants, we can begin right away.
- Dr. Lavi will surgically attach the implant fixture to your jaw. The titanium fixture is a part of the implant that mimics the tooth’s root to hold the implant in place.
- Through a process called osseointegration, your jaw bone will develop a secure bond with the fixture. This creates a strong foundation for your new prosthetic tooth, and takes about three to five months to complete.
- Once the area has healed, you’ll return to one of our conveniently located practices so Dr. Lavi can surgically place the abutment to connect the fixture to the restoration.
- Finally, we’ll attach your custom-made, porcelain crown to the top of the abutment piece, completing your beautiful smile.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do dental implants last?
With the right care, dental implants are designed to last a lifetime. This means practicing good oral hygiene by brushing at least twice a day and flossing daily. It’s recommended that you use a soft-bristled brush and non-abrasive toothpaste to prevent scratching your restoration.
It’s also important to schedule bi-annual dental check-ups with Dr. Lavi so he can help maintain healthy teeth and gums. Your implants won’t require extra maintenance, but your custom-made dental crown may need to be replaced after 10 to 15 years.
How much do dental implants cost?
The average cost of a single dental implant can range anywhere from $3,000 to $4,500. However, the price of dental implants varies from patient to patient and a number of factors. This includes your implant provider, how many implants are being placed, and whether a supplemental procedure is needed.
We’ll provide you with an accurate breakdown of your treatment cost after creating a personalized plan tailored to your needs.
How do you care for dental implants?
Taking care of your dental implants are as easy and simple as caring for your natural teeth. Brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush after each meal and make sure to floss regularly. We also recommend scheduling routine check-ups every six months, or twice a year, to ensure a healthy and happy smile for years to come.
Are dental implants right for me?
If you have damaged or missing teeth, dental implants are a great way to restore your ability to speak clearly and chew comfortably, as well as enhance your appearance. Our implants are crafted to match the look and feel of your natural teeth for a seamless-looking smile.
We feature two practice locations in Studio City and downtown Los Angeles, respectively. Our L.A. practice is conveniently located near the Staples Center in the heart of downtown, while our Studio City dental office draws patients from nearby areas including Sherman Oaks, Valley Village, and Hollywood.