Always Here For You
We understand that dental emergencies are stressful and can happen at any time. That’s why Dr. Lavi and our team will always do our best to be there for you when you need us. If you’re in pain, we offer same-day emergency dental services to provide the relief you need. Whether you’re suffering from a severe toothache, a damaged restoration, or any sort of dental trauma, Dr. Lavi can determine the root of your issue and provide an effective treatment solution.
Explore our guide to learn more about our emergency dental services, as well as how to handle some common dental emergencies.
Depending on your situation, you may not have time to wait until you can schedule an appointment. That’s why Dr. Lavi always incorporates some flexibility in our schedule to ensure there’s room for unexpected patients who may be in need. Our goal is always to provide treatment for you as soon as possible and prevent any lasting damage.
Even if you’re unsure whether your issue qualifies as an emergency, don’t hesitate to call us. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Common Dental Emergencies
The following are all common examples of dental problems that may require emergency dental service:
- Chipped, cracked, or broken tooth
- Damaged, broken, or lost restoration
- Inflamed or infected bump on gums
- Knocked-out tooth
- Moderate to severe toothache
If you experience any of the issues above, please call one of our two practice locations — (818) 980-8472 for Studio City or (213) 623-2212 for downtown Los Angeles.
Tips for Handling Dental Emergencies
If you’re in pain, Dr. Lavi will do everything he can to see you as soon as possible and provide emergency dental services. While you’re waiting, we recommend the following tips for dealing with common dental emergencies:
- Broken Tooth — If you break a tooth, make sure to contact us right away. Don’t attempt to fix the tooth on your own or glue it back together, as this can lead to additional oral health issues and make the situation worse.
- Knocked-Out Tooth — If you knock out a tooth, call us as soon as you can and make sure to keep the tooth moist until we can see you. It’s also important to handle the tooth by the crown, not the roots, and gently rinse any dirt off the surface if necessary.
- Severe Toothache or Jaw Pain — If you’re in debilitating pain, we’ll prioritize your treatment and provide the relief you need as fast as we can. Once Dr. Lavi determines the source of your pain, he’ll provide an effective treatment solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is considered a dental emergency?
Any dental problem that requires immediate attention is considered a dental emergency, such as a chipped, cracked, or broken tooth. Other signs that you may require emergency dental service include nerve damage, severe pain, puncture wounds, and more. If you’re experiencing a dental emergency, it’s important to contact us immediately so we can treat your issue while there’s still time.
What helps relieve tooth pain?
If you’re experiencing a toothache, we recommend taking an over-the-counter pain reliever to help alleviate any pain or discomfort. Some common medications include ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and aspirin. If the pain continues, give us a call to schedule an appointment so Dr. Lavi can determine the cause of your toothache.
What if I’m not sure if it’s an emergency?
If you feel uncertain, it’s best to contact one of our offices in Studio City or downtown Los Angeles to schedule an appointment with Dr. Lavi as soon as possible. He’ll examine your oral health, assess the damage, and determine the best course of action. In some cases, waiting to seek treatment can result in further damage or infection. That’s why it’s better to be safe than sorry and take advantage of our emergency dental services.